1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen

Another GS Moon 260 from Greece.

Dieses Thema im Forum "Xingyue /GS Moon/ EMO SportsBugg 260" wurde erstellt von fanisk, 4 Okt. 2012.

1. fanisk

fanisk Mitglied

Buggy:
    GS Moon 260
    Hello guys, my name is Fanis and i live in Athens. I have a GS Moon 260, bought it some years ago. I was searching at google about tuning that little thing and came up to your forum reading that 2 Greek guys own the same buggy, one of them put a 400cc engine..damn nice!

I speak English, im not good at all with German so im using google translator..sucks a bit :(

Greetz to all!

2. Buggy-Ranch

Buggy-Ranch Ersatzteilhändler V.I.P

Buggy:
    "The Legend"
    Hi Fanis,
    welcome :b60:

3. papa

papa V.I.P

Buggy:
    kinroad 800 GK mit LOF
    Hallo Fanis,
    welcome from Bayern (Munich)!

4. glx51mm

glx51mm Mitglied

Buggy:
    xykd 260-2
    Hello Fanis and welcome to the forum !!! The guys here know every single detail about the GS Moon buggys and are very very helpful. Actually the vast amount of information found in here was the reason why I actually bought my 260-2. Have fun !!!

5. smuehli

smuehli V.I.P

Buggy:
    Dazon 1100
    Hi Fanis,

welcome and enjoy this forum!
    I think english is no problem for us! Maybe the grammars but not the whole understanding! :-))

6. fanisk

fanisk Mitglied

Buggy:
    GS Moon 260

Hello guys, Munich...nice ! Been there few times!

glx51mm where do you live? I bought it before i find this forum and any other info about that buggy, was hard to troubleshoot that china thing.. we gotta talk! I do have fun when the damn thing doesnt go off and refuse to start back!

7. fanisk

fanisk Mitglied

Buggy:
    GS Moon 260
    Yeah will not be a problem smuehli :)

8. glx51mm

glx51mm Mitglied

Buggy:
    xykd 260-2
    I am in Patras. Not many buggys around here. I have seen a couple but never managed to talk to the owners.
    If you make a few modifications then you won't have any major problems with it. Mine is running strong for the last 12-15 months but I do maintain it a lot. The only problem I still have is a slipping clutch after long rides. Changed the clutch shoes but didn't solve the problem, however, it did improve a bit.
    I see that you are from Athens, just 200km from here but still is quite a lot for the bug. Of course if you need any help with anything don't hesitate to contact me.

9. fanisk

fanisk Mitglied

Buggy:
    GS Moon 260
    Yes i live in athens but every other weekend im going to Aigio and Patra, got lots of friends there, spearfishing and BBQing..
    What mods are you talking about? I think buggy has issues with electronics. I might go for a long ride and be ok, and when im going back..around 10-15 mins from home, always always always this fucking machine dies and wont fire back.. changed battery 2 times, i think it doesnt get charged while riding and when it dies cant fire it back.. dunno.

Any solution for the "moving" mirrors? Those little things rattle and move a lot..left one is fine to adjust, right one with seatbelts fastened is the trouble.
    As i said, i own it for few years but i never tried to put enough..time.. into it because every 2-3 rides i have a problem that will make me pull it till home and curse all day. Has around 1500 kms. I decided that this winter willl spend enough time with it, make it trouble-free and upgrade some stuff to make riding quality better. Need an aftermarket exhaust, fixing the moving mirrors, try to find silicone hoses (samco?) for it, and brakes! Which are the "few mods" you did and solved the major issues?

10. glx51mm

glx51mm Mitglied

Buggy:
    xykd 260-2

It sounds like you have the usual problem with the coil. Try touching the coil when this happens (ba careful though). Is it cold/warm/very hot ? If the last one is your case then you need to replace your coil. People here had good results with the original yamaha majesty 250 coil or trabant/renault coil. I don't remember the product number for the renault coil but I can find it for you.
    If the baterry is indeed not charging then you might be having a bad stator or regulator.
    The mirrors I replaced first thing. The original were too bad quality and too small for my convenience.
    I have done lots of mods, here are a few:
    Replaced every single ball bearing (wheels, gearbox) with German quality.
    J Costa variator
    Better Clutch
    Air suspension on the rear
    Carb jetting
    Air filter
    Exhaust
    Homemade camshaft chain tensioner
    Homemade dash
    Replaced steering rack boots to japanese
    Modified the air inlet for the variator compartment to allow better airflow
    Replaced front, rear and turn lights plus installed a 3rd brake light bar.
    Rear aluminum wheel spacers (1.5 inches on each wheel).
    Replaced almost all screws to stainless steel hex screws
    And some more things that I can not remember...

You can come and visit anytime, I will PM you my phone num.
    The brakes I have not yet messed up with but I would like something better. If you adjust them right then you won't have much trouble.
    I have 6000km on mine and I still love it like the first day.

11. falke

falke Moderator Mitarbeiter

Buggy:
    260er ASB
    Homemade camshaft tensioner NOT => use a original Yamaha Majesty tensioner (very good and solid)
    Better Clutch => Malossi
    Carb => original Yamaha Majesty Carb

12. buggs

buggs V.I.P

Buggy:
    GSMOON 260 II Baja Bugg
    Hello Fanisk and welcome here.

Listen to glx and you will have fun with your buggy.
    Forget all the translatormaschines.

Which one you ride the typ one or two?

Maybe by chance we meet us next year in Patras:-)

Use another ing.-coil and switch the two wires at the connector, These are at the right side located at the top of the engine cover, there are yellow (these two or three not) and two other colors.
    If your carb doesent work well there will be only ONE chance. A manual Chocke.
    If this will not work you have to chance the carb.

The best (lound) pipe is the GPR for Yam Majesty, but expensiv.

Here is a good offer: Variatore Top Performances Majesty 250 all model completo Variatore Top Performances Majesty 250 all model completo cinghia trasmissione Codice 9928210 Scontato Euro 90,00 Scootershop vendita on line
    Work better, accelerate better and include flywheel, belt. Anything more to say? Two units available.

Need more power? ask for at PN to me.

Have fun.
    ciao

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 7 Okt. 2012
  13. herichter

herichter V.I.P

Buggy:
    kinroad xt 650 gk und die kleine blaue Dreckschleuder und zwei Adlys die zu einem werden
    Hello and Welcome.

14. bea

bea V.I.P

Buggy:
    Adly 125 - mein kleiner roter Flitzer
    Welcome here
    Bea

15. fanisk

fanisk Mitglied

Buggy:
    GS Moon 260
    Hello people!
    I will be out of town till the end of month, so i wont have time to mess with buggy. After i come back i will write a post with all issues and what mods im thinking about putting in it so we put a plan about troubleshooting and where to buy the mods. Thanks to all, have a nice time with your little monsters!

Kwsta ill call you when im back!

Diese Seite empfehlen